We at PediaPlex are always looking to team up with organizations locally and nationally who support a sensory-friendly experience for our kiddos with autism and sensory challenges. We are excited to announce The Dallas Zoo as part of that group!
“Modifications around the Zoo will include sound adjustments and quiet zones to create an enjoyable environment for the whole family. In addition families will be provided with social stories and parent tips prior to the event. Special activities will include a sensory activity tour featuring primates, reptiles, and invertebrates with special animal encounters.”
- The Dallas Zoo
Sensory Friendly Night at Fair Park
- Sunday, August 11th at Fair Park from 8-11 a.m.
- This special day is in partnership with the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, Texas Discovery Gardens, and Dallas Historical Society at the Hall of State.
- Each organization will have hands-on activity stations and designated quiet spaces. Parking can be found at lots 6A, 6B, and 3E.
- Pre-registration is required and will get you admittance into all 3 locations on the day of the event.
- $15 for the first two guests. Tickets are $9 each for every guest thereafter.
- Register now!
Preparing for the Zoo
Planning a trip to the zoo can be both exciting and stressful for our families with Autism. The Dallas Zoo has put together the perfect prep check-list!
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking long distances.
- Bring your favorite snacks and drinks.
- Prepare for possible lines.
- Familiarize yourself with the park by using our posted maps.
- Meet the zoo guides upon entering the park. They can direct and assist anytime.
- Prep your kiddo by reading through their “Preparing for the Zoo” slideshow together and by visiting www.dallaszoo.com to see photos and learn more about what exhibits to expect.
Special thanks to the Dallas Zoo, the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, Texas Discovery Gardens, and Dallas Historical Society at the Hall of State for their support and hard work to make this sensory-friendly event a success!
– The PediaPlex Family