Under the general direction of the assigned Board Certified Behavior Analyst, the Registered Behavior Technician performs a variety of activities in support of instructional programs for clients who have been diagnosed with an autism spectrum or related disorder. Prepares appropriate materials; collects daily progress data and consults with the patient’s treatment team on a regular basis.
The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
The position includes but is not limited to the following list of representative duties:
- Implements individualized instructional program (such as discrete trial training, verbal behavior, academics, self-care skills, social skills development, behavior plan), developed by the BCBA or other appropriate staff within the clinic.
- Prepares all materials necessary for implementing individualized program as stated above.
- Supports clients in all settings including other therapies within the clinic.
- Collects daily progress data on assigned clients and reports on that data to supervisors and the team.
- 18 years of age; Completion of high school degree, minimum
- Satisfactory completion of training program (we can provide this training) in autism interventions.
- Certification from the BACB as a Registered Behavior Technician
- CPR Certification
- Previous experience working with individuals with Autism and other developmental Disabilities.
- Ethical and professional code of conduct as specified by the BACB.
Clinic Support & Work Conditions
- Complete all training and professional development requested in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist in all areas of the clinic as requested.
- Complete Community Support Events to participate in community outreach events that benefit our clients, help educate the general public and connect the general public to services.
- Complete all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Physical, mental, and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Mental acuity to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions.
- Physical agility to sit, stand, kneel, walk, push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop and to reach overhead.
- Physical stamina sufficient to sustain light physical labor for up to 8 hours, sit and/or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Physical mobility sufficient to move about the work environment for sustained periods of time on hard flooring, climb slopes, stairs, ramps and to respond to emergency situations.
RBT Benefits at PediaPlex
- Competitive Pay – Hourly & Salary Options
- Work-Life Balance- No Weekends or Evenings (8AM-4PM hours)
- Consistent Schedule
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for Full-Time Staff
- 401K with Employer Match for Full-Time Staff
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off- Up to 15 Days!
- Professional License & Certification Renewal Reimbursement
- Paid RBT Course (if needed)
- Internal Growth Opportunities