Under the general direction of the assigned Board Certified Behavior Analyst, the ABA Behavior Therapist performs a variety of activities in support of instructional programs for clients who have been diagnosed with an autism spectrum or related disorder. Prepares appropriate materials; collects daily progress data and consults with the patient’s treatment team on a regular basis.
The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
Must be available for a minimum of 2 days a week and 2 shifts. Shifts are typically scheduled: 8AM-1PM, 1PM-4PM, or 4PM-6PM.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
The position includes but is not limited to the following list of representative duties:
- Implements individualized instructional program (such as discrete trial training, verbal behavior, academics, self-care skills, social skills development, behavior plan), developed by the BCBA or other appropriate staff within the clinic.
- Prepares all materials necessary for implementing individualized program as stated above.
- Supports clients in all settings including other therapies within the clinic.
- Collects daily progress data on assigned clients and reports on that data to supervisors and the team.
- Consults with team members and other appropriate staff on a regular basis.
- 18 years of age
- Completion of high school degree, minimum
- Satisfactory completion of training program (we can provide this training) in autism interventions including: discrete trial teaching, social skills facilitation, behavior intervention, structured teaching, visual communication systems, and data collection procedures.
- CPR Certification
- Previous experience working with individuals with Autism and other developmental Disabilities.
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Ethical and professional code of conduct as specified by the BACB.
Clinic Support & Work Conditions
- Complete all trainings and professional development requested in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist in all areas of the clinic as requested.
- Complete Community Support Events to participate in community outreach events that benefit our clients, help educate the general public and connect the general public to services.
- Complete all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Physical, mental, and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Mental acuity to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions.